Saturday, February 8, 2014

Day 1: Breakfast Lunch Dinner

Breakfast:

  • Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon Raisin English Muffin toasted with a smear of raw butter, a hard boiled egg and sausage (yes, I said sausage). It was awesome, the bomb diggity!
  • Tea with Stevia and Xylitol also a splash of Almond milk. ( I'm a tea addict, and I love mine sweet with milk. I'm experimenting with the taste of natural sweeteners to find a new favorite.) This combo was okay it only had a little after taste.
  • Vitamin regiment:  1 Prenatal (don't judge me, I'm not pregnant, multi-vitamins make me nauseous), 2 Fish oils, and 1 vitamin D3 2ooo i.u (I am also vitamin D and Iron deficient).
  • I also sprinkled my food with Flax seeds. (click for benefits of this seed)
All and all breakfast was wonderful and very filling. Please share with me some of your favorite breakfast ideas that are  low in carbs, and high in protein.






F.Y.I
On this path to total wellness, I've started some other regiments, one of which is "Oil- Pulling". Upon moving to the snow capped mountains of Pennsylvania my family and I have developed some new and challenging oral issues. Since I've decided to try living a lifestyle based more around Gods beginnings, I Googled, "healthy solutions for oral problems". I find oil-pulling to be quite interesting. So my kids and I are taking a one month oil-pulling Challenge, starting today. I also incorporated a tooth paste based with Xylitol, which I read is very good for dental hygiene. Stay tuned for results! 


I like this Ziggy Marley brand because it has a lemon ginger taste that helps the kids stomach the texture of the coconut oil - only one gag this morning.


Lunch

* A very large salad:
Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, a boiled egg, unsweetened coco dusted almonds, a few raisins, carrots and olives

* I had all of that with a delicious homemade Asian dressing made of: olive oil, rice vinegar, ginger, crushed garlic, Xylitol, add sea salt and pepper to taste. 

* Roasted garlic chicken on the side 

It was all so delicious, and guess what, I'm FULL!

The down fall of lunch, was my discovery of preservatives and aspartame in the Zero calorie black cherry flavored sparkling water I purchased. I confessed to you all that I don't like water, and I am trying to make an effort to drink more of it.  This water replacement turned out to be a miss! I did however drink it, and in the future I will try maybe a sparking water and add just a little pomegranate juice to it.


F.Y.I

I did 20 min. of continual cardio workout with my two  hyper kids and almost died! 
I thought that 20 minutes of Just Dance on the Wii couldn't hurt, boy was I wrong ( I kept moving in between song changes too). Go mommy!


Dinner:

I don't know what happened, and I can't believe it, but I was actually still full around dinner time. I was confused and didn't know if I should eat or not. I've always heard that its better to eat six smalls meals a day to build up your metabolism and that you shouldn't skip meals.

For dinner I had: a protein shake I make from chocolate almond milk and one tablespoon full of peanut butter.
 I also had a slice of Ezekiel bread topped with mayo lightly spread, a slice of deli turkey and cheese, and lettuce and tomato.

I am  very satisfied with day one. I usually have a need to snack, and today I didn't.  I don't know if it was because I was full or because I was preoccupied with this blog.

Thank you for taking time out to read about my journey to wellness. I pray that this will be a life lesson and continued path for myself and my family. Life is precious and shouldn't be taken for granted. God blesses us and gives us each day our daily bread. Be thankful. See ya later.......

No comments:

Post a Comment