Monday, February 17, 2014

Day 10: I Can Have Cheesecake too!!!

Hey...this regiment isn't really taking much from me at all, it's just replacing bad food with better foods. I'm loving this journey to wellness thus far!  I have my moments when I want to taste what others are having. In those times of need, I either find a way to create a healthier version or simply taste it - one bite kills the crave.

I did quite a bit of experimenting over the weekend. Here are two new recipes that I made yesterday. I almost passed out when I discovered that I could consume cheesecake too. Then I thought about it - it is all carb friendly, except for the sugar and crust...easy fixes, right?  Yes. I replaced the sugar with Stevia and Erythritol, and for the crust I used almond meal. Genius!  Now, don't be afraid of either of these ingredients. Stevia can be found with the sugar at your local market and Erythritol as well, it is the only or main ingredient in a product called Truvia.

An Easy "Thank God" I can have Cheese Cake recipe




(You can buy organic sour cream, cream cheese, eggs and raw butter, but none of these products have any added preservatives in them. Also, like I said before, I'm slowly building up my organic pantry - it's expensive)
 

Instructions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • First, make the crust: whisk together almond flour, 1 tbsp erythritol and 1/8 tsp stevia.
  • Mix in 2 tbsp. melted butter and press into the bottom of a pie pan.
  • Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Let cool. 


  • Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
  •  In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, sour cream, and remaining erythritol and stevia.
  • Beat cream cheese and remaining melted butter together until smooth.
  • Add cream cheese mixure to egg mixture and beat until smooth. (I added a little lemon juice and lemon peel here)


  • Pour cheesecake batter onto baked crust and transfer to oven. 


     Bake for 35 minutes using the water bath method. Remove from oven and let cool. Transfer to oven and refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. 


     Top with fresh berries and serve. 



    Crazy excited about this cake! It's not a real Junior's cheesecake, but it is cheesecake and it is good!

     Ingredients:


     


    Grilled Steak with Herb Butter

    1. Season meat to your liking. I used sea salt, pepper, crushed garlic and olive oil. I let it marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours. 


    2. I put a little olive oil in the pan and seared it on both sides for 3 minutes each. Then I flipped it over again for 1 1/2 minutes on each side again.  

     
    The steak came out juicy and delicious. I made a herb butter by mixing oregano and garlic powder to creamed raw butter.


    Buying organic meat can be quite expensive, especially if you're feeding a large family. I checked the regular meat section and found an all natural "managers special" rib eye for $6. The organic one was $8 and a much smaller portion. I'm just saying......


     
     Enjoy, and thank God for giving you each day your daily bread.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment