Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 11: Four Ingredient Key Lime Custard!




Today...was a GOOD day! It was food heaven in the kitchen, even though we were snowed in AGAIN, and the kids have missed school for the eleventh time this school year; I was in my glory! Yes, the air was awash with the wonderful aromas of culinary delicacies. I prepared a homemade spaghetti sauce that was out of this world, and over noodles -YES!!!  No more shall I linger on with words, instead I shall intrigue you with photographic imagery.

Hearty Spaghetti Meat Sauce with Mushrooms

 
1. I mixed onions, green peppers and garlic with ground turkey (free range is better) and let marinate for about an hour or two.

(These are some of my ingredients: Dreamfields pasta: made using durum wheat and with 5 grams of dietary fiber per serving, mushrooms, and Red Pack crushed tomatoes with no added preservatives or sugar - they were also 88 cents a can at Shop Rite).
 
2. I then browned the ground turkey and added chopped mushrooms and seasonings: sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano.

 
3. I let it cook down some more (maybe 20min), and then added the cans of sauce, a few splashes of olive oil, and a packet of stevia to cut the bitterness of the tomatoes.


4. Let the sauce simmer on low for about an hour while you prepare the noodles, salad and garlic bread (you can't have the garlic bread - but don't worry, I'll find a solution ;]).

( I added some parmigiano romano cheese)
 
The Dreamfields pasta was delicious and filling as well. I did not calculate a 2oz serving or 1/2 a circle as the box details. I think I ate a full circle, and enjoyed every bite!

 Ingredients:

  2-3 lbs ground turkey
  Half an onion
  Half of a green pepper
  4 cloves of garlic
  1 pack of mushrooms
  2 24oz cans of all natural crushed tomatoes
  Seasonings: sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, packet of stevia, oregano, and EVOO.
 Dreamfields spaghetti noodles 


Ho finito, or maybe not! What about dessert?
Of course I made dessert!

Key Lime Custard

 
This recipe only has 4 ingredients and is thus far my favorite! I did not have lime, so yes that is a lemon. I also used Agave instead of honey.

Ingredients:

Add all the ingredients into a high speed blender or Vita Mix. 


Pour into ramekins or a pie crust.

 (Aren't they sweet? I love the bright green color)
 
Chill for 30 minutes.


 This is my favorite dessert so far! It is light, and cool and refreshing. I can't wait to find a pie crust to put it into!


F.Y.I 

The Oil Pulling is coming along, we're into week two. I am starting to see some changes already - my teeth and gums are not bleeding as usual, and my sons breath is not as stinky in the mornings, as usual. Hmmmmm. 

(Here we are swishing the coconut oil for you all)
 

Thank you again for joining me, as I journal through this experience in my life.
And, thank God for His daily bread.







No comments:

Post a Comment