Sunday, February 16, 2014

Day 9: Frozen Banana Ice Cream!!!!

Hello blogger followers! It's the weekend and I'm doing a-okay!  I've figured out that as long as I'm creating new foods, I'm not hungry. I've visited Shop Rite (my local food market) a little more than necessary this week :/  I googled some fun and easy desserts to play with over the weekend, and I can not believe it! You can make ice cream out of BANANAS!!! Shut my mouth! Since it feels like we're living in a frozen tundra, we might as well make frozen treats.

Frozen Banana Ice Cream


1. Freeze 4 sliced semi-ripened bananas over night


2. Place the sliced frozen bananas in a food processor

 
3. Mix until the bananas turn from a crumbly texture to a creamy custard looking texture

 
4. Now you add 1/4 cup of almond butter or natural peanut butter. (the next time I make this I will exclude the nut butters). I then added whole cocoa powered almonds (I was going for a type of vanilla swiss almond ice cream). 

5. After sampling, I was shocked by the resembling taste it had to regular ice cream. However; I did not care for the peanut butter flavor, so I added five strawberries and one teaspoon of agave to disguise it. It was great!!! I love the chucks of  almonds and strawberries.


 
This was surprisingly good.  I initially made it because I was curious about the outcome. It works...it really works! Good recipe to play with many different flavors - which I intend on doing. I'm not so sure how carb friendly bananas are though??? 

Tomorrow come back for........cheese cake!!!
Until then, may God give you each day, your daily bread.

1 comment: