Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 18: To Believe or Not To Believe! That Is The Question???




The Shameful Truth About the Naked Juice Class Action Lawsuit Settlement and What American Consumers Can Do About It




I came across this article today on Facebook, and I must say - I am not shocked. I have a very hard time believing that many of these companies bringing in the 'big bucks' off of the "Organic and All Natural" rage, are being completely honest.

The primary basis of this article and the lawsuit against Naked juices, stems from the company’s use of the words “All Natural” on products that contained Archer Daniels Midland’s Fibersol-2 (“a soluble corn fiber that acts as a low-calorie bulking agent”), fructooligosaccharides (an alternative sweetener), other artificial ingredients, such as calcium pantothenate (synthetically produced from formaldehyde), and genetically-modified soy. Since these ingredients are either genetically-engineered or synthetically produced and do not exist in nature, it is completely misleading to consumers for these companies to claim that the juices are “All Natural.”

I am ebullient that this deception has come to light, and hopeful that it also puts other food manufacturers on serious notice that GMOs are anything but natural and cannot be marketed as such.
As for me, I am still on my journey to wellness living. I know that there will be many challenges. My goals however; are to better my eating habits, take care of this temple, and live a joyful loving life. We take our chances everyday with what we consume. All we can do is continue to trust our government - to a certain extent - fight for our concerns, and pray over every bite, breath and drink we take.


Like always, thank God for giving us each day our daily bread.

4 comments:

  1. thank you for this enlightenment and You are helping me to be a better healthier person also

    ReplyDelete
  2. read-read-read ... the truth is usually on the "back" of the label, not the front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true Bobby, if you can't pronoun it-don't consume it! I also pull out my cell now while shopping and look up ingredients. I'm, trying to stay a way from as many perservatives as possible. Not only are they bad for you, they store fat...and fat is whack!

      Delete