Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Day 5: Where There's A Will There's A Way!

Hello bloggers! I'm on day five to the path of my wellness venture and I am doing very well. I am eating very well, too - which makes me very happy! I've dropped two pounds (every inch counts in my world) and I'm feeling my energy level increase.  Yeaaaa, Jessica!
My food creations have been very interesting this week, so I thought I would dedicate this blog to my new food finds and creations. Enjoy!

Chocolate Bliss Balls

These chocolate balls were terrific! I had two last night and two today so far. The dates add a sweetness that is truly satisfying. You can find the recipe on yesterday's blog. Tomorrow, being that we're snowed in again, I will be making a Chocolate Pecan Torte.  This torte will be totally raw.



Mock Fried Fish

Last night for dinner, I had the most delicious pan fried Swaii. The fish came out flaky and light, not oily. Blogger family, my kids actually ate it and enjoyed it. My kids enjoying anything with any nutritional value at all is BIG for me - all they like to eat are nuggets and fries.

1. I cleaned and lightly seasoned the fish
2. I poured EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) in my pan to coat the bottom only
3. I combined 1/2 cup Spelt flour with 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut and breaded the fish, dusting off any excess.


4. I pan fried the fish on both sides until it was golden brown. I placed the fish in the warm oven until I assembled my salad.

 

 


 Tonight's dinner consisted of all baked, all natural chicken patties (which the kids ate as well - they were not crazy about them, but ate it anyway), baked sweet potato fries and steamed broccoli.

 
I lightly oiled the sweet potato wedges (I cut myself) with EVOO and seasoned with sea salt. I baked them for 30-40 min on 350.



Tomorrow I'm going to try making tuna salad with avocado instead of mayo - can't wait! Come back to see how it all turns out.

Thank you Lord, for my daily bread. 

2 comments: