Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 3 Peace Is Everything

 He Can Calm Any Storm Of Life

 Mark 4:37-40 NIV 
A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?”
39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.
40 He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?”


Lord, I give you complete honor and surrender my life unto you! Please take control of this vessel, and quiet my harmful ways. I know that you alone have control over the wind, the rain, THE SNOW, and Lord over me. According to Psalms 55:22  I will cast all my cares on YOU and You will sustain me; You will never let the righteous be shaken. Teach me father to honor my body and to serve you with it. Its in your name I pray, amen. 

Like a Whirlwind

Day three just whirled past me. Thank God the kids only had a two hour school delay from the overnight snow.  I didn't have to undergo suffering being shut in the house feeding them snacks all day.  Instead, my husband, who is still in harms way with all of these mood swings I'm having, ran some errands with me. By 1pm I was starving and making a beeline to Giant supermarket to buy the Wasa fiber crispbread I spoke about yesterday.  I picked up some hard salami and mozzarella cheese as well.
Okay, lets pause here for a second....I stated in my first blog that I am on the path to wellness. Now, I believe that path leads to removing preservatives from my diet, and introducing my body to a more organic lifestyle. Right now, I'm trying to find my way through eliminating bad carbs, sugar, and most preservatives. So, with that said, in times of desperate need...is it okay to go for some deli meat?  I considered buying the refrigerated section cold cuts, but I remembered the preservatives and went for the deli instead. Neither meat is grass feed, but what do you do when you want a quick fix?  I don't believe that a vegetarian lifestyle is in my near future, so erase those thoughts.
This was my lunch, I had two of them.


 

A few people wanted the curry chicken recipe from yesterday's dinner- here it is:

Carb Friendly Curry Chicken 

Seasonings:


1. I seasoned about 10 pieces of chicken thighs the day before with sea salt, pepper, crushed garlic, onions and green peppers. 


2.  Pour a little olive oil to cover the bottom of your dutch oven or cast iron pot and let it get hot over middle high heat. I lightly browned the chicken on both sides without over crowding the pieces.


3. After all the meat was browned on both sides, I returned all of the pieces back to the pot along with the marinated onions and green peppers. At this point I added the curry powder. I really don't measure the powder, I just pour to cover the meat- you know make it yellow. Stir them around until well coated. Then add just enough water to cover the top of your meat. Cover the pot and let it cook over medium high heat for around 30mins. After 30mins remove the top - stir, add some chopped carrots, salt, pepper, thyme to taste and  half a can of organic coconut milk. Then stir, the sauce color will become lighter and creamer in texture because of the milk. Cover the pot again and lower the temperature to medium heat. Cook for 30-40 minutes more. I actually turned it down to low and allowed it to simmer while I made my side for about 15-20 minutes longer.


4. Serve this dish over Quinoa with a side of veggies. I had Spanish style beans tonight and steamed broccoli.



Ingredients:
3 crushed garlic cloves
Thyme,sea salt, pepper to taste
1 onion
1 green pepper 
1 whole chicken cut, or 10 pieces of your favorite parts
About a 1/2cup olive oil or enough to cover the bottom of pan
3 stalks of carrots 
Oscar's Jamaican curry powder seasoning or your favorite brand. I liked this one because it was mild and already seasoned.  
Water 


Bon' Appetite Dolls!

Day 3 was busy, and I discovered that I like Wasa crispbread. I want to make a dessert tomorrow but I'm having a hard time finding almond flour and more Xylitol at my local grocery store.  We will see, but until then - thank you God, for another day of our daily bread.


3 comments:

  1. looks good and that was a wonderful prayer but pray for me also as I go on this journey with you but I think ill just stop curry chicken altogether lol keep up the good wok and prayer helps

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure will Brenda. It's hard for me to cut a lot of foods out with my large family. Not everyone is on the same page as I am, and food is expensive. We can't afford to buy food for individual wants and needs. So I try to cook around what I'm trying to achieve and satisfy a house were men are over 6 feet tall and always hungry! thanks for the feed back. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy Jessica. Come cook go me, pretty please.

    ReplyDelete