Monday, February 24, 2014

Day 17: Eating Clean, And Still Loving IT!

Hello, bloggers! I'm sorry I was away for a few days. I'm still eating clean and loving it! I've had a few junk food cravings, but I'm sticking to the 'taste it and walk away' or 'just walk' away methods. I'm also still having fun creating fun snacks and desserts. I haven't done much lately because I've incorporated some nursing duties into my full schedule.

So here is a glance of what I've done in the past two days...

I enjoyed a very simple and refreshing snack: sliced strawberries with shredded coconut and almond slivers. 


 I loved it so much they made an appearance in my salad later on for dinner.


I was craving chocolate while I was out running errands, and discovered this gem at CVS.

It was a life saver and only 2 carbs per serving!
 
Tonight's dinner was a delicious surprise. I usually make two dinners nightly because I'm still trying to convert my family into eating clean. So, tonight my family had sliced kielbasa sausage sautéed with onions and green peppers over whole wheat spiral noodles and generously sprinkled with parmesan cheese. All I had to do for myself was boil some quinoa and reserve some meat and veggies without the pasta.  Delicious.

 
 
Let me say it again. Delicious! Please garnish with lots of cheese!

Tomorrow I will be trying a quinoa pancake recipe with the leftovers. I cannot wait!

Last, but not least - dessert!

Tonight I made: "PUMPKIN BLONDIES!"

Very simple recipe
 
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8x8 square pan.
2. Cream together butter and Truvia baking blend using a mixer.
3. Add cinnamon, egg, pumpkin, and vanilla to the bowl. Mix well.
4. Stir in flour, 1/4 cup at a time.


5.  Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
 
Makes 16 brownies.  0 Proteins  1 Fats  0 Carbs
 

Ingredients
6 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup Truvia baking blend
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup almond flour

I gobbled one down still hot and it was great! Can't wait until tomorrow to taste them cooled off! 

I hope you all enjoy. I can't wait to share tomorrow's pancake recipe. Until then, give Him His thanks for your daily bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment