Sunday, February 9, 2014

Day 2: Headache, Chills, and Homicidal Tendencies



Guys, it was a pretty rough day - withdrawals I guess! My head hurts so bad...I really don't feel like writing, but this is therapy, right?  I've gone down this path before so I know the first few weeks aren't easy.  I know that I have to stick with the routine until it becomes second nature, and the sugar monkey jumps off my back. Going through the motions of breaking years of bad habits is hard work, both mentally and physically. Considering that, I guess I did pretty well today.

I woke up this morning feeling a little sore from the "Just Dance" exercise yesterday (don't laugh, I'm a newbie again). I did a rerun of yesterday's english muffin breakfast, and thank God I did. Today was Sunday, and Sundays are usually very busy for us - plus we started this Sunday off  late.

Reality Check#1
I volunteer in the kitchen at church (I told ya food is my thang). Every Sunday I walk into that kitchen and I'm in food heaven! I assist in creating wonderful meals for our awesome pastor David Crosby, volunteers, staff and musicians. This Sunday I walked in and reality hit me...no tea with milk and lots of sugar, no homemade hot bagels with cream cheese, no samplings of the savory meals we create.  However, #teamwellness, I shook it off. I had a piece of fruit and a bottle of sparking water.

Reality Check#2 
Walmart!!!! That's all I have to say about that.

Reality Check#3
I've come to a realization that it may never stop snowing in Pennsylvania. We came out of the demon store and the parking lot was covered with a thin layer of snow. More flakes continued to fall, fluffy and fast. I said to self, " Great, there will probably be another snow day for the kids tomorrow. They'll be home all day begging for snacks and eating them in front of you!" Headache started.



Reality Check#4 
My family doesn't love me and lives to torture me with food!  That's okay because my ultimate plan is to have them all live a healthy lifestyle as well. Until then, I will continue to growl at them because my head hurts and I'm getting chills.

Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
English Muffin rerun for breakfast
Snack was fruit and nuts
Lunch was a protein shake
Dinner was fab!
     Curry chicken, sautéed string beans, and avocado slices...





 F.Y.I - Snack Attack Fix

In the midst of all the family and food today, I did crave snacks. I so very much wanted chips, or cookies, or anything that was crunchy and not a fruit, nut or vegetable. I googled carb friendly snacks tonight and came up with Wasa Fiber Crispbread with organic cheese slices. I'll make a trip to the supermarket tomorrow to find them. I want to change my eating habits and still feel satisfied  snacking while socializing with my family and friends.



That's it folks - the end of Day 2. It was not that bad. I can say that now, I blogged away the bad feelings. I only wanted to kill my husband 10 times today, and run away to a far away island where I could eat chips and dip forever, and look like a beached whale and not care! Hey, its a process!
God bless, and may He continue to grant us each day our daily bread.  



2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this I am also trying to eat healthy and lose this unwanted weight, which could cause diabetes and it runs on both sides of my family...so this was heartwarming and inviting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, you are not alone. Whenever you need to talk email me at jessicamillerepps@gmail.com, have a great and healthy day.

      Delete